Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Autobahn Country Club

The Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL is a terrifically fun private driving club track designed by Alan Wilson.  While I am not currently a member, the track is available for rental by various private driving groups as well as by NASA and SCCA sanctioned clubs.

When I first started out in HPDE's I hated the Autobahn CC.  It felt like it was impossible to find any type of rhythm to the track, and whenever you built up some momentum, there was crazy slow, or double apex corner that threw you off.

Now I have to admit that the Autobahn CC is one of my favorite tracks, with lots of neat corners, minor elevation changes, and technical challenges to keep it interesting.  

I thought that I would include a clip from a fun day there this last July.  As you watch it please note that the Z06 Corvette is behind me for the first couple of laps, and is driving a much better line than after he passes.  Enjoy!


No comments: