Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nissan develops GT-R launch control, Hitler threatens legal action

I'm sure that by now most of you have read that Nissan has had some issues with GT-R's transmission longevity when launch control is used repeatedly.   Apparently when 500 hp (more or less depending on who you believe) instantaneously and repeatedly slam into a transmission that is connected to four grippy and motionless tires bad stuff can happen.

When I say, "bad stuff", I mean total destruction of a $20,000 transmission and the creation of a $76,840 (plus dealer mark-up) paperweight.  This has resulted in at least one-class action lawsuit, with I'm sure more to come.

This has become a significant enough issue for Nissan that they have dropped launch control for the 2010 GTR's.

While I always saw Hitler as more of a Mercedes SSK guy, I thought that this was a fun way to start the week and reflect on who is responsible for one more launch program being eliminated. Enjoy.  


No comments: