Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scuderia On Track @ Putnam Park - The Aftermath

We were at Putnam Park last weekend with the Windy City BMWCCA. Aside from some clouds, the cool weather was quite a welcome break from the usual 90 degree August temperatures.

I have some video from the 2007 Putnam DE, which was my first time on the track with the Cayman and my second HPDE. I had been at Road America in April of that year with my wife's E90 BMW 330. I had fun at RA with the BMW, but I didnt get hooked until I got out there with the Cayman.









This is some video from the 2nd session on Sunday:













During this 2 year descent into track addiction, I have lowered the car with Bilstein PSS9s and put in some Racetech seats w/ 6 pt. harnesses. I have avoided doing any engine related mods. I am running Nitto NT-01 tires.

From my advanced video analysis, it looks like I am doing about 1:23-1:25 laps. According to Trackpedia, I am about as fast as a Spec Pinata or 944. I guess I have more work to do :) Maybe time for a Traqmate and Hoosiers?

2 comments:

thehounder said...

Nice lines in both!

It looks like you are not only faster, but that you got a better watch in the second video.

Aaron said...

You know that the bling is very important in this game.